Wednesday, August 30, 2006

special sauce

I just called Papa Johns to order a pizza, and they told me they didn't have any garlic sauce.

Now, I'm not one to complain. Yet, even if I were the type to complain, I would still probably begin by saying that I was the type that wasn't. And with all things considered, I reckon that this could even fall under the category of not being a complaint, or vice versa. In any case, I feel as though it must be stated that the garlic sauce at Papa Johns is one of the very components that defines the restaurant as an establishment of quality, and hence, the lack thereof must, in some degree, obstruct the progress that any and all companies hope to attain and fulfill. There can be no growth without the sauce.

This brings me to the very intricacies of vitality that people seem to overlook. What minute details define us in such a way that we are nothing without it? What idiosyncrasies and characteristics identify us to the point that we are tolerable, or intolerable? These quirks may be the very mannerisms that make us likeable or fun to be around some, while simultaneously being the very traits that make others not stand us at all.

I tend to flush the toilet half-piss.

The details of self are often taken for granted until they are gone. How the hell does Papa Johns NOT have garlic sauce. Without it, I don't even want the pizza. And yet with it, it never tends to be quite enough. Amongst each other, I doubt seriously that anyone has the defining attribute of always having an italian condiment handy, but there are indeed others. It could easily be someone's smile, or laughter. It could be the way someone holds your hand or the way they squint their nose. It could be the way they carry themselves, or the way they speak their mind. It could be the way they talk, or listen.

Take time today to comment on someone's behavior that you find uniquely tied to them; one that you could not bear them without. Tell them how you treasure it, or even despise it. Tell them what you think. One day it will be gone. You will come to them and find that they have lost their garlic sauce, never to find it again. Or, in some instances, there won't be any pizza at all. Tell that person today what about them means the most to you. That way, they'll always have it in stock.




and cut! thank you! that was my take at inspirational writing. throw a bible verse in there and you may find this sitting on your grandma's bathroom counter, in a small booklet like "daily bread", or "everyday meditation". have a nice day, i'm going to eat my stupid pizza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home