Friday, July 14, 2006

good morning professor

on my first day of grad school this quarter, i left my bookbag in the classroom by mistake. realizing that "something's missing" feeling, i walked back to class, confident that it was still there. it was only a few minutes after class, and no other class was coming in behind us, so sure it had to be there. yet, as i entered the room, i found that my professor was going through my bag in an attempt to find out who's it was. unfortunately, and unknowingly to myself, all that was in my bag was a pair of boxer briefs.

i don't know how they got in there. my guess is either i changed one day at the beach a few weeks back and forgot them in there. or they are leftovers from when i used the bag to do laundry. so, with those being the options, either they were really really clean, or really really dirty. in either case, you'd be surprised how you would act when you discover your teacher has discovered your draws in her classroom. it actually went quite smooth. she blushed. i smiled. she handed be the bag and told me have a nice day.

anti-climactic?

sure it is. this is reality. far-fetched stuff only happens on wednesdays. yet, since then, i believe i have a special bond with my professor. for instance, using me in an example the other day (after i came in late), she described that people that lack time management skills actually have a "disability", one that should be embraced and catered to. i felt good about that. she also used me in some other example that i wasn't paying attention to. truth is, i think i can get at her. just maybe. if i were to play my cards right. the way she looks at me is very similiar to my sixth grade teacher that used to play in my hair. and i STILL think i can get at that sixth grade teacher, especially now that i'm practically her peer.

in any sense, i'm saying all this to say that i have to keep my imagination running strong as i sit through class every morning because it's boring and i can't find rope during the lectures to hang myself. next week, i think i'm going to leave a condom around my desk. just to jump-start things.

then class will be much more interesting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another stimulating post..lol good read

7/16/2006 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home